Date and Time
16 March 2019
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Derby Grammar School, Rykneld Road, Littleover , DE23 4BX
About the Open Day
Drop in at any point during the day to find out more about Derby Grammar School.
You’ll be welcomed by our Head and can meet subject teachers, current pupils and discuss admissions. Sixth Formers will take you on a guided tour of our facilities, viewing different subject areas and exploring the wealth of extra-curricular activities we have available.
You’ll find out why our School is much more than a place to study. It is a place for excitement, friendship, curiosity, discovery and achievement.
Did you know:
- In the 2018 league tables we are the top performing school in Derbyshire for GCSE results.27% of GCSE passes were at 9, 8 or A* in 2018, and 67% of passes in the sciences were at grades 9, 8 or 7
- 63% of all A Level passes were at A*, A or B grades in 2018
- Junior School pupils don’t undertake SATS tests – we work closely with each and always know the level each boy is working at
- Our new Infants School opens in September
- We keep our class sizes small, which means we identify and celebrate pupil’s strengths, and support each to achieve their potential
- Our extracurricular activities are extensive, offering each pupil incredible opportunities from Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme to archery and Formula 24 car racing, through to supporting, and visiting, Gedeli B School in Mwanza, Tanzania.
Derby Grammar School pupils emerge as confident, knowledgeable and considerate individuals who are ready, willing and more than able to take on life’s challenges – and succeed.
Book your place
So we can keep you up to date with news of what’s happening on the day, please book your open day place below.
On March 16 we are also holding our annual Spring Market (previously known as the Food Fayre), so after you’ve explored the School you can wander into the Spring Market to browse food and designer-maker stalls.