Date and Time
10 June 2020
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Derby Grammar School, Rykneld Road, Littleover , DE23 4BX
About the Open Day
Drop in at any point to find out more about Derby Grammar School.
You’ll be welcomed by our Head and can meet subject teachers, current pupils and discuss admissions. Sixth Formers will take you on a guided tour of the school, including our brand new Infant School for those with boys looking to enter Reception, Year 1 or Year 2.
You’ll find out why our School is much more than a place to study. It is a place for excitement, friendship, curiosity, discovery and achievement.
Did you know:
- 32% of all A Level passes were at A*/ A in 2019
- 52% of GCSE passes were at grade 9, 8 or 7 in 2019
- Junior School pupils don’t do SATS tests – we work closely with each and always know the level each boy is working at
- We took our first infant pupils last September and our brand new Infant School building opens at Easter
- We keep our class sizes small, which means we identify and celebrate pupil’s strengths, and support each to achieve their potential
- Our co-curricular activities are extensive, offering each pupil incredible opportunities from Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme to archery and Formula 24 car racing, through to supporting, and visiting, Gedeli B School in Tanzania
- We have an wide range of scholarships and bursaries which recognise and reward talent, wherever it lies.
Derby Grammar School pupils emerge as confident, knowledgeable and considerate individuals who are ready, willing and more than able to take on life’s challenges – and succeed.
Book your place
So we can keep you up to date with news of what’s happening on the day, please book your open day place below.