Our admissions process is simple and easy to follow, and it all begins with an enquiry email to [email protected] or telephone call to 01332 523027. Take a look through this step-by-step guide to see what happens next:
- We accept applications throughout the year and are able to consider bursary applications once you have registered your interest with the School.
- We recommend a tour of the School to see us at work and we will be able to answer any questions that you may have.
- Should you then wish to start an application, simply contact Admissions using our email [email protected] or use the Contact Us form at the bottom of this page.
- Your son or daughter will be invited to complete an entrance assessment and we will arrange a taster day for them in School.
- We then ask their current school for a report and reference.
- Our Assistant Head Academic reviews all this information and then we will write to you.
We usually recommend a September start so that your child remains on track with the academic curriculum. However, admission is possible at other times in the year and assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you have any queries or concerns, please do contact an admissions colleague for advice and to discuss your options.
Registration fees and admissions deposit
We kindly ask for a small registration fee upon application, and an admissions deposit upon acceptance of a place. This admissions deposit is refunded to you at the end of your child’s final term at Derby Grammar School.
- Registration fee for Primary and Senior School = £70
- Registration fee for Sixth Form = £50
- Admissions deposit = £500