Date and Time
13 June 2019
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Derby Grammar School, Rykneld Road, Littleover , DE23 4BX
About the Open Morning
We’re opening our doors during a normal school day on Thursday 13 June. Drop in at any point between 9.30am and 12 noon.
You’ll be welcomed by our Head and our Sixth Formers will take you on a guided tour of our School, viewing different classes in action and exploring the wealth of extra-curricular activities we have available.
You’ll find out why Derby Grammar School is much more than a place to study. It is a place for excitement, friendship, curiosity, discovery and achievement.
Did you know:
- 28% of GCSE passes were at 9, 8 or A* in 2018, and 67% of passes in the sciences were at grades 9, 8 or 7
- 63% of all A Level passes were at A*, A or B grades in 2018
- Junior School pupils don’t undertake SATS tests – we work closely with each and always know the level each boy is working at
- We keep our class sizes small, which means we identify and celebrate pupil’s strengths, and support each to achieve their potential
- Our extracurricular activities are extensive, offering each pupil incredible opportunities from Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme to archery and Formula 24 car racing, through to supporting, and visiting, Gedeli B School in Mwanza, Tanzania.
We are proud of our pupils who emerge as confident, knowledgeable and considerate individuals who are ready, willing and more than able to take on life’s challenges – and succeed.
Please allow around an hour for your visit.
Book your place
So we can keep you up to date with news of what’s happening on the day, please book your place on the Open Day using the form below.