As a parent of a child at Derby Grammar School, you automatically become a member of our PTA.
An excellent way to bring together parents and teachers to raise money for the school, the PTA provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. Each year we raise significant funds. Projects are varied and have included:
- the refurbishment of the summerhouse in to a gym for Sixth Form
- funding of a bike shelter
- large contribution towards the purchase of a new minibus
- the purchase of various items of equipment including a portable sound system, benches, additional staging, playground equipment and sports equipment.
Some of our largest PTA fundraising events in which take place each academic year are:
- November: Fireworks
- January: Jazz Night
- March: Food Fayre
- June: Summer Fete
- Second-hand uniform sales
We love to see new faces and all parents are welcome to come along to a PTA meeting or volunteer at an event. Our meetings are very informal, but effective, and most importantly fun! Find out more by contacting us at email@example.com
Second Hand Uniform Coordinator Vacancy
We have a vacancy for a parent to coordinate our second hand uniform sales. If you have some spare time to commit to this role, or would like to pair up and join forces in supporting this position with a fellow parent, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more: