As a parent of a child at Derby Grammar School, you automatically become a member of our PTA.
An excellent way to bring together parents and teachers to raise money for the school, the PTA provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. Each year we raise significant funds. Projects are varied and have included:
- the refurbishment of the summerhouse in to a gym for Sixth Form
- funding of a bike shelter
- large contribution towards the purchase of a new minibus (link to news story)
- the purchase of various items of equipment including a portable sound system, benches, additional staging, playground equipment and sports equipment.
Some of our largest PTA fundraising events in which take place each academic year are:
- November: Fireworks
- January: Jazz Night
- March: Food Fayre
- June: Summer Fete
- Second-hand uniform sales
We love to see new faces and all parents are welcome to come along to a PTA meeting or volunteer at an event. Our meetings are very informal, but effective, and most importantly fun! Find out more by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our AGM is held each October. Read the Chairs report for 2016-17: